Wednesday, December 06, 2006

WISHFUL THINKING AS REALISM

I've just read the Iraq Study Group's report....much anticipated and ballyhooed for the past several weeks. I'll add my thoughts over the next several days, as I gradually recover from puking my guts up.

There are some general statements I can make now. First, some of this, like the section describing the problem, is worthwhile, although already known to anyone who's been listening for the past year. However,the actual recommendations for action are pure fantasy...or worse.

I'll be prepared to discuss any of this, point by point ... but read it yourself...

First, I'm going to need several days to get over the shock of realization that a group of our "wise men"... our "realists"...have labored so long and produced such utterly impossible, impractical, unrealistic, idealistic, wishful- thinking drivel. A group of high school students working from Newsweek could have done this in two weeks.

That this is supposed to be a Way Out...and a contribution to the safety of America and of our future is beyond imagining.

I'm not afraid of the Iranians or the Syrians...or anybody really. They may attack us in ways too horrible to contemplate, kill thousands more, including me, but they cannot defeat a united America. Sorry, but the bastards just don't scare me. I'm ready to have our Armed Forces fight them over there, and/or to personally to fight them, and their local proxies, here.

But these Baker-Hamilton eunuchs scare me shitless.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home